Get an idea about how it works
You've accepted our proposal and we can't wait to get started. But first - BuilderTrend onboarding.
We're all about clear communication, transparency, and making the construction process as easy as possible on you. BuilderTrend keeps everything all in one place - and we mean everything. From schedules and daily logs, to change orders and invoices, to messaging and documents, this platform makes your renovation organization a breeze.
Feel free to click the link below and take a look!
Interested in joining the T&E Team?
Check out our current openings our shoot us an email directly and tell us a little bit about yourself. We'd love to hear from you!
Title: Lead Carpenter
Date: 02-09-21 Pay Range: $20/hr – $28/hr
Department: Human Resource Report to: Construction Manager
Job Summary: Ensure all things work together to advance projects for the good of the customer, company reputation, and company profitability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Company performed work:
a. Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully grasp requirements.
b. Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
c. Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
d. Able to build window frames, doors, stair cases, brattices, and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
e. Able to install items such as hardwood floors, siding, cabinets, drywall, and insulation.
f. Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall, ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible.
g. Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
h. Ability to assemble/build scaffolding and other needed construction structures.
2. Ensure communications are rightly shared:
a. Professional communication with co-workers.
b. Ensure high quality communication with subcontractors on job site.
c. Active participation in Huddle boards
d. Customer communications as needed as representative of T&E Construction Inc.
e. Communicate schedules and timelines with Lead Carpenter.
f. Answer questions from employees on all projects known to your position.
g. Communicate change orders from homeowner requests to lead carpenter.
3. Support overall success (with direct reports, lead carpenter, vendors, & customer)
a. Actively participate in strengthening the T&E team through collaboration with Lead Carpenter, Construction Manager as well as cooperating with other trades.
b. Assist Lead Carpenter & Construction Manager with scheduled subcontractor meetings for job scope overview.
c. Actively participate in goal setting, decision making, and problem solving
4. Optimize Personal Abilities to Provide the Best Value-Added Work & Throughput metrics.
a. Ensuring Best practices in Construction Methods
b. Work efficiently and effectively to optimize each project.
c. Effectively prioritize time spent by any direct reports on a job-by-job basis.
Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications:
1. Highschool diploma.
2. Significant work history as a Carpenter.
3. Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials.
4. Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation sand new construction.
5. Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools.
6. Ability to accurately read blueprints and technical drawings.
7. Willingness to always comply with safety guidelines and municipal requirements.
8. Solid basic math skills.
9. Ability to learn and use applications on computers and mobile devices.
Important Soft Skills:
1. Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and so listening to learn the other persons actual points of view.
2. Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
3. Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
4. Monitoring- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective actions.
5. Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
6. Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
7. Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
8. Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
9. Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure equipment is working properly.
10. Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
Physical and Environmental Considerations:
1. Good physical condition, stamina, and dexterity.
2. Conditions may include Iowa weather, working inside homes and some daily travel by car.
3. Will need to be able to lift as much as 50 pounds.
Title: Construction Helper
Revision Date: 6-01-22 Pay Range: $13 – $17/hr.
Department: Human Resource Report to: Lead Carpenter
Job Summary: We have an immediate opening for a Construction Helper to join our project team. You must be hard-working, reliable, and willing toper form various tasks that are required on the work site. Responsibilities include handling of materials, structure demolition, operating hand tools, operating power tools, and installation of components. Desire an individual looking for a career in construction. A driver’s license is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
a. Ensure on time arrival to job
b. Daily Positive Attitude
c. Approach position with long term employment achievement in mind.
d. Expect to work outdoors in all types of weather.
2. On-site Responsibilities
a. Maintain clean and organized job site
b. Select tools, equipment, or materials from storage
c. Ability to follow written or oral instruction
d. Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
e. Strive to gain carpentry knowledge through questions to lead carpenter in order to gain knowledge to become a long-term team member
f. Measure and cut materials for installation
g. Ability to work at elevated heights
h. Willingness to learn the principles, methods, tools, and equipment used in the trade.
i. Must become knowledgeable and have the ability to safely operate hand and power tools.
1. Must be able to read a tape measure
2. Must have driver’s license
3. Mechanical Aptitude
4. Able to lift 75+ pounds